Tightrope Books is seeking two interns (marketing & editorial/admin) to begin January 31, 2011. Interns are required to bring their own laptop computer and to work in the Tightrope office in Mirvish Village Monday to Thursday, 11–5 p.m. The duration of the internship is flexible, with a one-month minimum.
Marketing Intern duties will include:
- Manage and increase Tightrope’s social networking profile and online presence
- Develop and coordinate content for Tightrope Facebook, Twitter, and blog
- Develop and coordinate Tightrope monthly e-newsletter and collect email addresses
- Initiate and foster relationships with relevant bloggers
- Conceive and initiate contest ideas
- Promote and build profile for Tightrope’s monthly writing workshop series, Writing Without a Net
Editorial/Admin Intern duties will include:
- Copy-editing & proofreading
- Write marketing/promotional copy for catalogue, etc.
- Plan and help out at Tightrope events
- Maintain and update media list and event invitation list
- Send out review copies with press releases and follow up
- Send books to awards and festivals
Interns will be compensated with a modest honorarium and all the Tightrope books they can handle. Please send resumes to Shirarose Wilensky at email@example.com.